Protect PDFs and More
With the recent release of Microsoft’s SharePoint Server, SharePoint is now rights-enabled. Once Microsoft’s Rights Management Services (RMS) is deployed, SharePoint provides the built-in capability to protect documents created in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint as they are shared and distributed out from the SharePoint site. With the addition of GigaTrust Protector for SharePoint, you can extend RMS within the SharePoint platform to enable the protection of popular file formats such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well as PDF files.
GigaTrust Protector for SharePoint is a combination of a server-side application that is integrated into the SharePoint server and GigaTrust’s secure client that enforces the rights directly in their native applications. For example, protected PDFs are viewed securely in Adobe Reader. This approach allows for seamless integration into an existing operating environment with little or no change required in end-user behavior – Learn More.
What using GigaTrust Protector for SharePoint means to you:
- Extends RMS to file formats supported by Adobe Reader
- Content access is secured directly in native applications
- Content protection is applied automatically in SharePoint
- Extends rights management to additional file formats allowing you to derive a higher value for your Microsoft RMS investment and security for your enterprise’s intellectual property.
- SharePoint 2007 or above
- Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS)
- Adobe Reader (v9.5, v10.1.x, v11.0.04)
- Adobe Acrobat (v9.5, 10.1.x, v11.x)
- Microsoft Notepad
- Microsoft Paint
- Microsoft Office Document Imaging
- Microsoft Office 2007*/2010*/2013/Office 365 (x86 only)
*Viewing: Blacklist support only
Supported File Formats
PDF – Adobe and Microsoft Format
PPDF, TXT, BMP, GIF, JPG, JPEG, PNG, TIF, TIFF, MDI, DOC, XLS, PPT