GigaTrust™ Launches Anyone-to-Anyone Content Security Cloud Services
GigaCloud™ SaaS offering delivers in-use encryption, protection and consumption of emails and documents on Android, iOS and Windows endpoint devices
Herndon, Virginia – March 8, 2017 – GigaTrust™, a leading provider of endpoint security and document in-use protection, today announced the availability of GigaCloud™, a fully-managed Software as a Service (SaaS) offering for secure endpoint document protection. GigaCloud delivers secure email and document collaboration services anytime, anywhere, on virtually any device and any platform with real-time data analytics, reporting and administrative tools.
In today’s mobile society, email and documents are the lifeblood of communication among employees, partners and customers. But, with the rapid increase in data breaches, the need for document security is paramount. According to the Ponemon Institute, the average worldwide cost of a breach is $158 per record – a 29 percent increase since 2013. Balancing the need for collaboration with enterprise security and control to protect information against breaches, non-compliance, hacks and intellectual property theft from any mobile or desktop device represents the most significant challenge for organizations of all sizes in all industries.
Organizations often struggle with piecing together disparate security solutions to protect their universe of documents, but there is a better way. GigaCloud is the first and only secure email and document protection, consumption and collaboration service backed by cloud infrastructure and a complete security ecosystem. The GigaCloud service delivers the encrypted email and document protection that organizations and government entities need; in the configuration that works best for them.
Key benefits of the GigaCloud service include:
- Ease of Use: Documents are protected even when opened by any permitted recipient, on any iOS and Android mobile device or Windows PC. GigaCloud enables secure collaboration whether inside or outside an enterprise’s network. Administrators can set policies for protection and consumption of documents suitable to their organization, with the ability to revoke permissions instantaneously;
- Complete Security: GigaCloud provides a comprehensive ecosystem of security components, eliminating the need to piece together solutions for each document type. Endpoint security and robust encryption provide control over who can access sensitive information at rest, in transit and in use. Data OverWatch analytics provides tracking, monitoring and compliance reporting, allowing administrators to monitor usage in real-time and identify suspicious activity;
- Flexibility: GigaCloud meets enterprise document security requirements for external cloud-based systems, such as, file sync and sharing integration services including Dropbox, OneDrive and Google Drive and secure document management systems such as SharePoint®.
GigaCloud is available in the following configurations: a fully-managed SaaS solution hosted in Microsoft Azure; an on-premise private version such as Azure Stack or Hyper-V; or as a hybrid private cloud installation in Microsoft Azure and other public clouds – organizations hold their own keys.
“At GigaTrust, security is in our DNA, and we understand what it takes to strike the balance between security and productivity,” said Robert Bernardi, founder, chairman, president and CEO, GigaTrust. “With GigaCloud, we are building upon our strong history and delivering upon our vision of protecting business content from unauthorized use, no matter where or how it travels.”
An important feature of GigaCloud is that it runs on mobile Android and iOS devices as well as Desktop Client. Unlike secure point-to-point messaging solutions that only protect content in transit, GigaCloud for Android and iOS protects content at rest, in transit and in use, allowing the mobile user base to securely deliver and persistently protect encrypted emails and attachments while they are being read on the device. GigaCloud enables the opening of encrypted protected Office documents and supported non-Office rights-managed content directly on a desktop, tablet or smart phone device. The GigaCloud Android and iOS Apps are available for download from Google Play and Apple’s App Stores. The Enterprise Administrator can also distribute the Apps directly to its enterprise users.
GigaTrust will release a Linux OS interface, targeted for Cloud Access Security Broker partners, in the second quarter of 2017. It will deliver scalability and broad device support to open, view and persistently protect documents at all times no matter where they are stored.
A free 30-day trial of GigaCloud will be available soon.
- For more information about GigaTrust, please visit gigatrust.com or follow GigaTrust on Twitter at @TrustGiga.
- To learn more about GigaCloud, view our video: https://www.gigatrust.com/resources/resource-center/.
- To learn more about endpoint security, read the January 2017 GigaCloud newsletter, “Ensuring Secure Endpoint Content Collaboration in the Cloud,” featuring Gartner research: http://gigacloud-2603931.hs-sites.com/gartner-report.
GigaTrust is a leading SaaS provider of endpoint email security and document in-use protection for on premise private cloud or hybrid private cloud based deployments for Windows, iOS and Android devices. GigaTrust is the largest and oldest provider that enhances and extends Microsoft’s Active Directory Rights Management Services (RMS) content security solution. Customers rely on GigaTrust’s innovative next generation content security technologies, combined with ease of use and deployment, to enable intellectual property protection and confidentiality.
The Company’s flagship offering, GigaCloud, delivers secure email and document collaboration services, anytime, anywhere, on virtually any device and any platform with real-time data analytics, reporting and administrative tools. It applies and enforces security permissions down to the digital content level, protecting content from misuse throughout the entire lifecycle– while in transit, at rest and, most importantly “in use,” even when opened by any permitted recipient. GigaCloud is available in a secure private cloud configuration for enterprises and government entities requiring added security features and administrative control. For more information about GigaTrust, visit www.gigatrust.com.
Ariel Burch Novak