May 12, 2009 — GigaTrust Broadens its Suite of Intelligent Rights Management Products to the Windows Server 2008 Platform
By Extending the Capabilities of Microsoft’s Active Directory Rights Management Services GigaTrust Enables Secure Email and Content Protection No Matter the File Format, Platform or User
Herndon, VA — May 12, 2009 — GigaTrust, the market leader in Enterprise Rights Management (ERM) content protection software solutions that enhance and extend Microsoft’s Rights Management Services (RMS), today announced that its entire suite of products support Windows Server 2008 and Active Directory Rights Management Services (ADRMS). The combination of ADRMS from Microsoft® and Intelligent Rights Management™ products from GigaTrust, make it the most comprehensive ERM solution available on the market today — enabling secure anyone-to-anyone collaboration inside or outside the enterprise whether on a desktop or BlackBerry® mobile device.
GigaTrust’s product suite is now available for Windows Server 2008 and offers users tightly integrated features developed exclusively for RMS. Key capabilities include:
- Security for additional File Formats with Native Viewing including non-Office file formats such as PDF and CAD files produced in applications such as NX from Siemens PLM. There is also support for PTC ProductView, Pro/Engineer, Solidworks, AutoCAD and more … and can be used to protect almost any format in a Windows environment.
- Prevention of Screen Capture and Screen Sharing that can block over 250 screen capture/remote sharing programs from being used to steal protected data while being viewed by users inside or outside an enterprise.
- Automatic Protection that makes it easy for organizations to ensure the enforcement of security policy throughout their community of users – in email and attachments, file shares and content repositories.
In addition, with GigaTrust’s product suite administrators can:
- Automate the creation of User Accounts for external parties with a thin provisioning client on a group basis, or an ad hoc, one-by-one basis
- Create Allow/Block lists for an added level of granularity of control.
- Build and maintain a secure communication network for your business partners and supply chain.
- Allow users to build ad hoc and specialized policy rules.
- Ensure compliance with privacy laws and government regulations.
- Revoke permissions — quickly and easily.
- View reports of authorized and unauthorized attempts to view content.
“This release provides valuable capabilities for both individual users as well as the ADRMS administrative team” said Harry Piccariello, Chief Marketing Officer of GigaTrust. “Our suite of products are now available on the Windows Server 2008 platform which makes it easier for individual users within an organization to take full advantage of the security features in ADRMS and administrators to understand how ADRMS is being used throughout the organization — by whom, when, and for which documents — as well as the guidelines to develop policies that automate the protection of content.”
GigaTrust is a leading provider of email security and content protection software products and services with customers in both the public and private sectors. GigaTrust is the only provider of the Intelligent Rights Management™ solution, which combines innovative next-generation content security technologies built on the foundation of Microsoft® Rights Management Services. In February 2003, the firm formed the first strategic partnership with Microsoft and formally launched the first in the family of proprietary Intelligent Rights Management products based on the Rights Management Services (RMS) security platform. GigaTrust is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner. GigaTrust’s family of products and services is easy to use and easy to deploy for either the author or recipient of protected content. GigaTrust’s products and services include security solutions for email/attachments and document protection, automated external user provisioning, web content, network file shares, content repositories, discovery enablement, and the BlackBerry smartphone. For more information about GigaTrust, visit www.gigatrust.com.
Sage Communications (for GigaTrust)